Thursday, May 3, 2007

Sara Morgan Finds Her Way To New York

Through this reunion, I have found out I have a neighbor here in New York City - Sara Morgan. She sent me an update below:

You could say that I am taking the long road...After high school I went to work as a bank teller for First Security Bank. Anyone who knows me would be laughing here because I don't even balance my own check book. Surprisingly I worked there for a little over a year. It helped me to fund a trip to England and Wales with the BIU Institute choir. I attended College of Southern Idaho majoring in Commercial Art. I got through one semester when I decided to serve an LDS mission. I served in the California San Diego mission. It was a little different because each day would be spent at the Mormon Battalion Visitors Center or Temple grounds and then proselyting the rest of the day. Oh, the stories I could tell...But I will spare you all the details. I'll just say that the decision to go was one of the best things I could ever do and I have no regrets.


After that I went to Salt Lake City and got my Associates of Applied Science Degree in Interior Design at LDS Business College. I moved back to Boise where I worked as a Design Consultant at Norwalk, the custom furniture store, and started my own side design consultant business as well. Then, one day a customer came in who was building a beautiful cabin/mansion in McCall. She soon became a friend and mentor of sorts and encouraged me to go back to school. Long story short, I found Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, New York. My mentor flew me out to see the school (and a couple others). I was quickly accepted (to my surprise) and arrived here just last August.

So, here I am in Brooklyn. I just caught my first Mets game the other night and had a blast. There is still so much to be explored here, I just love it. I recently started an internship with Steinway & Son's (yep, the piano company) in the city. I will be working full time this summer and it is not likely that I will be able to make it to the reunion :( But if anyone is going to be in the New York area it would be great to meet up!

No comments: