Friday, August 24, 2007

Scott Montgomery Update!

As luck would have it I’m working and living in Washington DC and won’t be able to attend our reunion unfortunately due to work conflicts. But I thought a little update from the last few years
wouldn’t hurt.
Following graduation I fulfilled a life long dream of going to the former Soviet Union. I had the opportunity to serve a mission for my church in eastern Ukraine where I learned and spoke Russian. I gained a new appreciation for Russian mafia and lived at one time, next to one of the former largest nuclear missile plants in the former Soviet Union.

I returned home and attended BYU where I began studying Russian and Political Science. After changing my major numerous times I finally graduated in 2005 with a BA in Theater Media Arts, with an emphasis in directing and producing for stage, television and film.

Over the last 7 years I’ve been involved in a variety of interesting ventures and projects. I began performing in regional stage productions in Utah and eventually gravitated towards producing and directing. In early 2000 I produced and directed a regional touring production of the musical EVITA. Dan Clark and his wife toured with us in this production, and of course with Dan there was never a dull moment. I continued directing regional theater for a few more years including a production of Jekyll and Hyde.
During college I toured the country with a dance company from New Jersey providing event photography support, where I worked with Christina Aguilera’s Genie in a bottle Choreographer and many other interesting people. The professional dance world is an interesting or perhaps an eclectic place.

While attending BYU I found myself working in television with the local PBS station KBYU. I worked as a producer and writer on the Emmy nominated television series Living Essentials and assistant produced a few documentaries.

In 2006 KSL 5 TV the Salt Lake City NBC affiliate approached me and offered me a position as Executive Producer and creator of a new television series. After 4 months of ridiculous pre-production we launched a daily live entertainment talk show called Studio 5. Upon reaching burn out, I had to find some sanity and normalcy in my life, having had my fill of Martha Stewart/housewife television. I left television, incredible as it was, to work with my brother in real estate investment, which I had been doing previously. Because that would be less stressful, I thought. Actually I love the investment world of real estate and have been doing it since.
Currently I’m working in the Washington DC area temporarily in the marketing field and will be returning to Utah in the fall to continue real estate investment. I’m still single and living up the bachelor life and enjoying it while it lasts. Hopefully I’ll be able to join you all at our next reunion.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hey Scott! I was looking for some old friends and hoping to find some blogs of people from Boise! I don't know if you will see this, but if you do go to my family blog and send me a note let me know if you have contact with anyone from Boise I would know or who grad in 96! Good Luck with everything!
Christine Pierce (Spence)