Friday, August 3, 2007

Darcy Atkinson Update

After graduating, I continued my work for IEC Group (TPA) through the summer and telecommuted for them through my freshman year which I attended at BYU in Provo, Utah. I attempted the brave world of computer graphic design only to find out that it would take me about six years to graduate, not to mention another year just to apply to get into the program. So after the first year of fun, friends and boys, I decided to take the less expensive and quicker route to that cap and gown and attend BSU. Was I crazy? Well perhaps, since I attempted to get my Bachelors in Computer Information Systems in 3 years. I would have accomplished this task but a boy distracted me.


I was set up on a blind date by a good friend of mine. It was a crazy date, one that included about 20 people going to a movie and ended with Devin and I walking the Eagle Hills Golf Course until odd hours of the morning. It was pretty much over after that although I did put up a good fight. He was by far the superior at this game, especially when he brought White Chocolate Mouse from TCBY into the deal. So I happily succumbed and agreed to marry him Oct. 23, 1999. (Which was in the middle of my 19 credit semester, I might add) Needless to say my schooling took a bit longer, one year longer be exact. I graduated with my BBA in CIS May 2001. I left IEC and worked in various other computer related jobs.


After being blissfully married for 3 years and settled in Star, Idaho (in our cute little home), we decided our family wasn't quiet big enough. We decided to acquire additions in triplicate. We adopted a sibling group of 3. (The story is fasinating but long so I refrain from relaying it here.) They were 3, 4 and 5 years of age at the time. All with April birthdays, literally they are all a year apart. The oldest, Alex (female) is spunky, fun and sometimes very emotional. The middle child, Nick (male) is the peacemaker of the family and then there is Makay (female) who is carefree, fun-loving and interested in everything. So as you can see we have all the bases covered, Alex is like myself, Nick is exactly like Devin (down to the wearing of shorts at all times of the year) and Makay is a mixture of us. It was quite a change of going from zero to three but we love it. We know it was what was suppose to happen. We were able to have them sealed to us this last December in the Boise, Idaho Temple. It was a wonderful experience and has solidified us as a family.



We now live in Middleton on 3 acres. The kids love climbing trees, exploring the various pastures around us and riding their bikes to their friends house a few miles away. I work as the Computer Lab Supervisor at the local elementary school since all my children are in school now. I love being a wife, mother and now a teacher.


I have fulfilled my dream of becoming a mother through the most unorthodox of ways. I hope to see you at the reunion next month.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey this is tyshyka and I was wondering how my siblings are doing and I was also wondering if u could let me have a number or address I could write to them I hope u wrtite back.
-Tysyka

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.