Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Dan Clark LLC (Livin' Large Clark)

The day after the senior ‘all-nighter’ I packed up and headed to P-town (Provo, Utah) to start summer school at BYU. The following year I left on a mission to Manchester England where I learned this place was the armpit of the world in regards to their food. If it weren’t for the Indian and other European influences in this department, I might have lost weight instead of gaining 35 pounds. Then it was back to the grind at BYU where I took a course of study in communications and business. I met my wife Emily the day after the semester to study abroad in Jerusalem was cancelled due to ‘unrest’ in that region. We later married in December 2001 in Boston. I graduated in 2003 and waited around for her to graduate the following year. The last day of her classes, we had our first son, Grant. He is now 3 and his favorite question is “Why dad?”


Then it was off to Portland, Oregon for an internship with State Farm. As much as I enjoyed the Pacific Northwest, I was always looking for a good reason to return to Boise. It took some heavy brain washing to convince my wife to look past the barren desert that is Boise, and realize that it really is the “City of Trees”. Luckily, I had a good job opportunity to continue with State Farm and we made the move to Eagle. After 2 years in the sales and marketing industry, I changed it up a bit and worked as a construction superintendent with a residential home building company. This job gave me the chance to build my own home in Meridian. (When I say build, I mean have others build it for me.) In that time we had another little rug rat named Ella. She is now 1 and seems content with having only 4 teeth. After 2 years in construction, I decided to start my own business in real estate developing. Now as Clark Capital, LLC, I work with Mason Development in their residential development division. See you in August!

No comments: