Monday, June 18, 2007

Tyler Miller - Selling That Space

Tyler Miller hooked me up with a recap of what has been up since his graduation from Centennial. Hopefully we'll get more responses from all of you - the posts have definitely slowed down! ONLY TWO MONTHS LEFT UNTIL THE REUNION!



I left high school and went to BYU where I studied electrical engineering. After a year I went on a mission for my church to Milwaukee Wisconsin where I did learn a foreign language, just not a recognized foreign language. I came back to BYU after my mission and continued to study electrical engineering until I got to my senior year when I met my wonderful wife, Carrie. We got married the summer before my senior year, and I decided to forgo Electrical Engineering for and get a degree in Advertising.
.
.
At the start of my second senior year (two years later) my wife and I had our first child, a daughter, Lainey. With our first child born and my second senior year under my belt, I went into print media (starting with the BYU Daily Universe as the advertising and online manager) and have been working in Newspapers ever since. BYU was a great time meeting new people and hanging out with good friends from Boise.
.
.
After school, I went back to Boise and worked for the Idaho Statesman doing advertising sales. From the Idaho Statesman, I went to the Idaho Press-Tribune and continued doing advertising sales. While at the press tribune, my wife and I got pregnant with our second child. If timing wasn't bad enough, I got a job offer in Denver working for a group of community weekly papers. So with my wife 8 months pregnant and chasing a 2 year old, I left and moved to Denver where she followed one month later after our baby boy, Brady was born. Yes, I made her move 8 days after our son was born.
.
.
Now, we are working and living in South Denver and loving it. The mountains are great, the skiing is wonderful, the fishing is amazing, the sunshine is to die for, and best of all, they have professional sports team in every major sport, and then some. Life has been great and I have a wonderful family. I love nothing more than spending time with my kids, and having my daughter run up to me and yell "Daddy's Home." I look forward to seeing you all at the reunion. .

.
Thanks Tyler! I deal with advertising sales reps all day at my work - so I know exactly what you are up to career wise. Good luck selling that space and making your goals!

No comments: