Friday, June 22, 2007

Jessica Welch (Dinger) Returns To Boise

.
.
So here is an update on my last 10 years...first of all I can't believe it's been that long! After high school I was off to BYU. I ventured out on my own and moved in with a group of strangers. I really lucked out and got great roommates. I had the greatest college experience, it couldn't have been more fun. While I was at school I decided to go ahead and get a degree as well. I graduated in elementary education in the spring of '01. I also met my husband John while I was in Provo. We got married in Boise (December of 2000) and then headed back to Provo to finish up our last semester of school there.
.
.
After I graduated my husband transferred to the University of Utah. We moved to Salt Lake and I got a job teaching fourth grade. I worked to pay the bills while John worked on his law degree. I taught for three years and had a great time. I quit teaching when we had our daughter, Ainsley, in 2004. John graduated from law school while I was pregnant with our second. He had job offers in Phoenix and Boise. I was so excited at the idea of being able to move back to Boise! He took the job in Boise (with no pressure from me) and is now a prosecutor for Ada County. We moved to Boise last spring. Last summer was a fun one for us. John took the bar (thank heavens that is over), we had our second, Owen, in August, and we bought our first house in Meridian and moved in last fall.
.
.
I'm lucky enough to be able to stay at home with my kids. Ainsley is now 3 and Owen is 10 months. So now I live the typical "mom" life. We manage to keep busy and we have a lot of fun...well most of the time. I am loving being back in this area and being able to live by family and old friends again.

2 comments:

Jeb and Becca said...

Jessica,

It is so great to hear how you are doing! Your kids are really cute and how fun that you are in Boise. We live in Colorado right now so not too far.
Your kids are very cute and you look so grown up and pretty :).
See you at the reunion!
Rebecca (Miner) Buffington

Karalenn Hippen said...

I can't believe how much Ainsley looks like your pictures of you as a kid! I can't wait to see you soon. SLEEPOVER!
~Kare